Monday, June 11, 2012

Where do the weeks go?

We have been busy lately and we just keep getting busier. It seems like our weeks just disappear and our weekends fly by even faster. Scotty has his regular job five days a week but on top of that he is doing an addition for our friends sister as a side job on the weekends and can't ever seem to say no to a board repair. Add all this onto the constant projects we have going on around the house and he is dead at the end of each day. Not to mention we barely ever see each other. We are in serious need of a date. I am busy being the mom of a ridiculously active 9 month old and working on projects for our new etsy shop. More on that later, it's a big work in progress! Somehow during all this I need to find the time to take a Spanish class and get my grant writing certification, it's something I have wanted to do for a long time. Ellie is more mobile than ever and is having so much fun discovering the world. She has mastered this whole crawling stage and has moved onto standing and jumping off things. Which means I am chasing her all day long making sure she won't kill herself. Right now is one of my few quiet moments, every couple of days she decides to take good naps, but most days I'm lucky if I get one nap out of her. I don't think she knows she's 9 months old. And this week my brother is coming to stay with us for a while before going on a mission to Sacramento. Three days later my mom is coming for eight days, it will be a tight fit in our tiny house but I am so excited to have these two here. I miss my family and Hawaii so much right now. Soo to sum up, our life is kind of crazy but we are realizing that it's not going to slow down any time soon. So I guess we better get used to it.

4 comments:

  1. plan on a date when i'm there and anything else you need!! we are happy to be in your tiny little house and see all of you!! you need to post a 9 month picture of the little wild child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have an etsy shop? I want to see it! Sounds like Ellie is quite the little dare devil, can't wait until mine gets here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take advantage of Kelly and Caleb and squeeze in lots of dates while they are there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just love ellie, haha! her stories and pictures make me happy. and hey, if we can fit guests in our 350sqft apartment (which we've seemed to manage just fine), i'm sure it'll go great in your cute little place! (:

    ReplyDelete