Tuesday, March 6, 2012

6 months

We thought Ellie had personality before but the 6 month mark has brought out even more sass in this girl. She may look like Scotty but Ellie is me. I am very stubborn and I like to do things my own way, being a parent to this type of person isn't always easy, sorry mom and dad! Ellie knows what she wants and is determined to get it and put it in her mouth. If you take something away from her she will do everything she can to get it back. I secretly love this about her but I'm dreading her teenage years. She now eats two meals of solid food a day and does a little excited dance when she sees her spoons come out. She has the most infectious laugh and spits constantly and will mimic almost every sound you make. She sits up perfectly on her own and is starting to lunge for toys and attempts to wiggle herself to them but I'm hoping it will be a while before she starts crawling. If she is fussy in the car, I turn on Dog Days Are Over by Florence and the Machine and she stops instantly and hums along with the music. You may think I am crazy but I swear its true. Come take a ride with me and I'll prove it. 

2 comments:

  1. it was hard to raise a child like that but it makes for a very independent, motivated, responsible adult!
    she is you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is becoming more and more beautiful every day! PS. you should post a video of her spoon dance.

    ReplyDelete