Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas


We had a great Christmas. We went to church early that morning and then came home to eat a big breakfast and then open presents. Ellie got so spoiled. She definitely had a good first Christmas. It was more fun to open the presents for her than to open presents for ourselves. She got some warmer clothes for the move to California since she has never worn shoes and barely wears clothes, great grandma got her a bumbo which she loves now after she figured out what its for and lots of books and toys. This girl is spoiled by her grandparents. It was nice to relax the rest of the day and enjoy our presents, watch some christmas movies and eat a great dinner.
Scotty and I could not figure out what to get my parents for Christmas, they are so hard to buy for. We had made some end tables for our house a couple months ago and really liked building it together, so we decided to build something sentimental for them since we are leaving. My mom always talks about having a bench in the entry way when they move into a new house so Scotty built this bench, it looks simple but this thing is very solid. I whitewashed the wood and sealed it so it could either go outside or inside. Then we carved a tree onto the top and it says Bishops up the trunk. We were pretty proud of ourselves and my mom cried when she opened it so you know she liked it.

I am so grateful for the time we were able to spend as a family before we move away and for this time of year we have to focus on more important things. I say Ellie is spoiled but really we are all pretty spoiled. We got way too much but to be honest, this year I could have cared less about my presents, seeing everyone else so happy was what made this Christmas so good.

1 comment:

  1. I found an adorable present for Ellie and sent it home with Nikki...couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete