Monday, December 12, 2011

Changes

We have been going through lots of changes around here. Some good and some not so good. My normally very happy 3 month old has started teething, yep, at 3 months old! You can see two bottom teeth starting to form under her gums and Ellie does not enjoy the process. I feel so bad for her when she tries to give me a little smile in between her tears. This girl really doesn't like to cry and she has been doing a lot of it lately. We have been doing a lot of cuddling around here, which her dad loves, but I just miss my happy girl. Why does it have to be so painful for babies?! Its just not fair.
I mean really would you wanna see that girl cry??

The other big change is that we have decided to move to California. As most of you know we have been wrestling with the decision of whether to stay in Hawaii or move to California for almost a year now. We did not come to this decision lightly. There has been lots of long conversations, lots of praying and lots of emotion. Hawaii is my home and the only home Scotty and I have had together. We have been so excited about having a new adventure that I have been trying to avoid thinking about moving away.  It didn't hit me how sad I would be until we were at a Christmas party with my family last night. Leaving my family will be one of many things that will make moving really hard. But it's time for us. It's time for something new, its what we need to do to progress and get to the goals we are hoping to achieve one day. So wish us luck, because we have a lot of uncertainty coming our way!

2 comments:

  1. it's not fair that it has to be so painful for them! i hate seeing her sad!!
    you know we're sad too but we were sad to leave st. louis and will always miss it but it has been a growing experience for us too. things won't be the same around here without you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know moving will be soo hard. We are all sad you are moving, but you have so many people who love you and are willing to help you guys out any way you need it. Let us know what we can do! Happy some of our family will be state side again! :)

    ReplyDelete