Thursday, November 10, 2011

Besties


My friend Cari and I have gone through every big event in our lives within weeks of each other. We got engaged at the same time, planned our weddings during our classes together, got pregnant at the same time and had our babies three and a half weeks apart from each other. The whole time we were pregnant we talked about having play dates with our little girls. They are finally big enough to interact with each other and they are pretty hilarious together. Sometimes they just stare at each other curiously but other times Ellie pokes Roxi in the eye and pushes her pacifier out of her mouth. Ellie is already getting some sass! But don't worry Roxi can hold her own. Its just so fun to watch these girls. And aren't they so cute in their jeggings?!?

3 comments:

  1. it's funny, they'll look so different but be great little friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Can't wait to meet her in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ki.
    It's your crazy auntie here. As you may know, or not, I have been in and out of the hospital for about 9 weeks now, with systemic lupas...induced pancreatitis. Anyway...I can't even begin to tell you the times I was just holding on to life with whatever weak attempt at strength I could muster....those were the times, I would look at your blog....your sweet, unjaded baby girl...your breath from heaven. She may not know it....but her smile has gotton me through some rough nights. I remember so clearly the joy of introducing Malia to the ocean, I used to carry her in a wrap right into the sea and nurse her....I started nursing her in the bath actually...to create a sense of peace in the water. She is now her daddy's little waterski buddy...and I thank the ocean for that....for all the memories it has washed my way. Hold dear to this time sweet Ki, you and Scotty have something special...hold tight and don't let one second pass you by my friend. I have a place in my heart for you and your precious family....and I send you aloha....

    ReplyDelete